Since past many years, doctors, hospitals, and many other healthcare professionals have usually stored their patient’s records on pieces of paper then filed in folders and kept on shelves. But this trend keeps on changing now as many healthcare providers are now moving to computers to store this information with the help of a suitable Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
Electronic Health Record (EHR)
EHR is created to store and share various health information related to patients with other healthcare providers using a common single system. For example, using an EHR system, a doctor can quickly send the required health records to a heart specialist, a specialty hospital, the lab, a drugstore, and even on a mobile device or PC of a patient.
The main aim behind using an EHR system is to improve the coordination of a patient’s healthcare by providing healthcare professionals accurate and up-to-date medical information related to the patient.
Many key features are incorporated in Medzsoft-EHR to ensure Healthy Pregnancy; few of them are briefed below:
- Physical & Procedure Exam Templates: Initial Obstetric Exam, Endometrial biopsy, OB/GYN Specific Physical Exam, OB/GYN Specific Follow Up Visit, Incontinence, Infertility, Chest Pain, Sexual Dysfunction, Pregnancy Tests
- Prenatal Details: Accurately document fetal heart rate, blood pressure, weight gain, protein, glucose, and more, throughout the patient’s pregnancy visits.
- OB-GYN History: Record your patient’s past medical, social, genetic, family, and obstetric history.
- Integrated Ultrasound and Imaging: Device connectivity and Image management features allow doctors to electronically capture scan and attach different stages of Ultrasound Images during pregnancy in various formats such as Photographs, Paper Charts, X-rays, and Medical Drawings.
- Electronic Lab Orders and Results: Its labs Interface electronically transmit orders and receive results, and also simplify decisions with automated flagging of abnormal results, track, analyze, and trend results.
- Enterprise Scheduling: Its seamless interface optimizes resource utilization and manages appointments across different locations, physicians, nurses, and equipment. It also eliminates duplicate entry, improves communication and saves valuable time.
- Patient Portal: It facilitates patients to securely request and refill online appointments, receives test results, utilizes educational information and also updates health status, demographics, history, and insurance information.
Medzsoft- EHR Role in Healthy Pregnancy
- Medzsoft EHR is specially designed for the Pregnancy health care practices which allow Obstetricians or Gynecologists to keep track of patient’s overall health information more easily and also enable them to access medical records or information when a patient suffering from a problem even if their clinic/hospital is closed.
- A doctor can share a particular patient’s health information with specialists and other health care providers to make it available whenever they need it.
- A patient can also log in to Medzsoft EHR mobile app to view individual health record, laboratory results, and treatment plan, and also can email it to a doctor.
- Medzsoft EHR has incorporated with all needful inputs of practicing obstetricians and gynecologists, and also possesses unique design features particular to Gynae-care.
Medzsoft EHR provides an ideally best way to document healthcare findings from pregnancy to term by using a mobile device or tablet.
With our recent initiation of ‘Medzsoft’-Electronic Health Record (EHR) for Obs-Gyn practices, we aim to gradually phase out paper records in Obs/Gyn practices to make your pregnancy healthy and successful.
So, get ready to make the most out of your Obs/Gyn practices with advanced Medzsoft-EHR system.
You can request a free demo by reaching to us.
Please send your valuable suggestion or advice by leaving a comment below: